MOC & Planning Manager
Would you like to become part of the world’s most international company in the world?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our DHL Air Austria team and become a
MOC & Planning Manager!
DHL Air (Austria) GmbH is a new cargo airline founded in 2021, and is a subsidiary of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group. The prime focus of the airline is to operate for the EU network with a fleet of Boeing 757 aircraft. The headquarters of the airline is located in Vienna, main crew base is currently in Leipzig, delivering our customer promise of Excellence. Simply Delivered. During the course of a new project of adding four Boeing 767s to the existing fleet, we’re looking forward to expanding our staff in Vienna.
- Issues directives, work instructions and guidelines for his team with respect to MOC and Planning related CAMO activities.
- Implements procedures, compliant to regulations, according to DHA standards and regularly updated.
- Supervises and controls MOC and Planning activities
- Assigns responsibilities for maintaining compliance with standards established by the operator and applicable regulatory authorities.
- Supports documentation and implementation of relevant ISARPS for IOSA certification.
- Defines processes and procedures required for MOC and Planning.
- Facilitates the maintenance coordination and control of the DHA fleet with a 24/7 coverage, ensuring active control of the airworthiness
- Facilitates the management of deferred defects including the implementation of the MEL Control Board
- Facilitates the planning of all scheduled maintenance requirements, preparation of work packages and liaison with maintenance providers for line and base checks
- Strategically develops the maintenance concept for the DHA fleet to ensure high Dispatch Availability and Operational Availability
- Negotiate and align contracts with maintenance providers to ensure the best possible maintenance coverage and slot availability.
- Liaises with the OCC Manager to provide the technical input for an efficient operational management of the fleet
- Liaises with the Engineering Manager to ensure feedback on maintenance documentation and accomplishment, facilitating up-to-date maintenance instructions and reviews of the approved maintenance program.
- Develop and maintain KPIs and SPIs to monitor the performance of the MOC and Planning.
- Supports, encourages and coaches the MOC and Planning team
- Performs training and personnel evaluation
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives concerning departmental and cross-departmental processes
- Facilitates the creation and implementation of work procedures.
- Completed degree program (Aeronautical Engineering) and several years of relevant professional work experience or many years of relevant professional work experience
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices;
- Knowledge of:
- the applicable EU safety regulations and any associated requirements and procedures;
- the AOC holder’s operations specifications; and
- the need for, and content of, the relevant parts of the AOC holder’s operations manual;
- Familiarity with management systems preferably in the area of aviation;
- Appropriate management experience in a MOC and/or Planning environment
- 5 years of relevant work experience of which at least 2 years should be from the aeronautical industry in an appropriate position.
- Familiar with Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition
- English language proficiency, German knowledge preferred
- Sound understanding of flight operations processes and procedures and organizational requirements, quality assurance and safety implications.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Leadership qualities and track record of managing teams as well as the ability to perform in a team.
- Social and communication competencies in a senior management environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Innovative in finding solutions and ability to think outside the box.
- Leadership and project management skills
- IT system application knowledge, e.g. TRAX, AMOS, AIMS, Netline
- High quality and cost awareness
- Systematical and analytical skills
- Career opportunities in a dynamic, international environment
- MOC specific training, plus additional training related with DHL software and aviation applications.
- New, modern office at Vienna Airport with very good public transport connectivity
- Meal opportunities and benefits (e.g. employee discounts in stores at Vienna Airport, commute compensation, German lessons, weekly fresh fruit basket, corporate benefits )
- Salary in accordance with your previous work experience and qualifications; potential allowances are compensated on top.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!