Ground Operations Specialist
Would you like to become part of the world’s most international company in the world?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our DHL Air Austria team and become a
Ground Operations Specialist!
DHL Air (Austria) GmbH is a new cargo airline founded in 2021, and is a subsidiary of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group. The prime focus of the airline is to operate for the EU network with a fleet of Boeing 757 aircraft. The headquarters of the airline is located in Vienna, main crew base is currently in Leipzig, delivering our customer promise of Excellence. Simply Delivered. During the course of a new project of adding four Boeing 767s to the existing fleet, we’re looking forward to expanding our staff in Vienna.
- Represents the company on Ground and Cargo Operations matters as agreed with Sr. Director Ground Operations.
- Implements procedures relating to Ground and Cargo Operations, compliant to regulations, according to DHA standards and regularly updated.
- Supervises and controls Ground, Cargo related activities.
- Supports documentation and implementation of relevant ISARPS for IOSA certification.
- Defines processes and procedures required for ground operations monitoring and oversight in coordination with the Sr. Director Ground Operations.
- Supports in obtaining traffic rights and other required approvals
for the field of ground operations
- Supports the arrangement of ground operation services as per requirements
- Actively supports and facilitates, develops and documents processes and procedures; evaluates solutions for business problems
- Carries out research projects, data analysis; ensure the production of reports and statistics as required by the management and play an active role in completion of essential performance monitoring and handling of regulatory information
- Coordinates manageable and relevant collection of ground and cargo operations performance data; present in accordance with requirements stemming from regulations, audits or internal settings
- Supports to administer and review of company standards, processes, procedures and workflow descriptions of Ground Operations department
- Communicates & coordinates with airlines, flight crews, DHL operations, airport authority etc. as far as in the scope of responsibilites
- Supports the supervision of ramp/ aircraft services, planning of service checks
- Supports the arrangement of services in the field of responsibilites
- Holds an undergraduate degree or comparable relevant professional work experience
- Significant experience in and sound knowledge of ground/ cargo handling operations
- Valid dangerous goods training certificate (preferable CAT6 or similar competency based DG training
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
- Knowledge of:
- the applicable EU safety regulations and any associated requirements and procedures;
- the AOC holder’s operations specifications; and
- the need for, and content of, the relevant parts of the AOC holder’s operations manual;
- Familiarity with management systems preferably in the area of aviation
- 5 years of relevant work experience of which at least 2 years should be from the aeronautical industry in an appropriate position
- English and German language proficiency
- Airline Operations Control and Flight Dispatch background would be beneficial
- Sound understanding of ground, cargo and aviation security operations processes and procedures and organizational requirements, quality assurance and safety implications
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build effective working relationships
- Social and communication competencies
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Career opportunities in a dynamic, international environment
- Job specific training, plus additional training related with DHL software and aviation applications.
- New, modern office at Vienna Airport with very good public transport connectivity
- Meal opportunities and benefits (e.g. employee discounts in stores at Vienna Airport, commute compensation, German lessons, weekly fresh fruit basket, corporate benefits )
- Salary in accordance with your previous work experience and qualifications; potential allowances are compensated on top.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!