Aviation Security Specialist
Would you like to become part of the world’s most international company in the world?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our DHL Air Austria team and become a
Aviation Security Specialist!
DHL Air (Austria) GmbH is a new cargo airline founded in 2021, and is a subsidiary of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group. The prime focus of the airline is to operate for the EU network with a fleet of Boeing 757 aircraft. The headquarters of the airline is located in Vienna, main crew base is currently in Leipzig, delivering our customer promise of Excellence. Simply Delivered. During the course of a new project of adding four Boeing 767s to the existing fleet, we’re looking forward to expanding our staff in Vienna.
- Represents the company on Aviation Security matters as agreed with Sr. Director Ground Operations.
- Implements procedures relating to Aviation Security Operations, compliant to regulations, according to DHA standards and regularly updated.
- Supervises and controls Aviation Security related activities.
- Supports documentation and implementation of relevant ISARPS for IOSA certification.
- Defines processes and procedures required for aviation security monitoring and oversight in coordination with the Sr. Director Ground Operations.
- Supports in administration of aviation security related platforms and systems
- Supports the conduct of aviation security risk evaluations
- Supports in the development and production of local station sheets and situational overviews
- Actively supports to implement and maintain the Security Management System of DHL Air Austria
- Supports to implement and maintain the Air Carrier Security Program and supports in the drawing up of security directives
- Supervises and controls of functions and activities within the scope of aviation security in accordance with regulatory requirements, IOSA standards and recommend practices
- Ensure the conduct of initial and recurrent trainings for all persons, other than passengers, with access to security restricted areas, where required, and the training of flight crew member according to national and international security training requirements and in accordance with the guidelines set in DHL Air Austrias Operational Manual Part D
- Participates and conducts DHL Air Austria´s Security Risk Evaluation (SECRE), incl. development of local station sheets and situational overviews
- Supports in the promotion and maintaining of an active security culture
- Holds an undergraduate degree or comparable relevant professional work experience
- Significant experience in and sound knowledge of Aviation Security operations
- Aviation Security trainings as required by Austrian Competent Authorities
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety and security standards and safe and secure operating practices
- Knowledge of:
- the applicable EU safety regulations and any associated requirements and procedures;
- the AOC holder’s operations specifications; and
- the need for, and content of, the relevant parts of the AOC holder’s operations manual;
- Familiarity with management systems preferably in the area of aviation
- 5 years of relevant work experience of which at least 2 years should be from the aeronautical industry in an appropriate position
- English and German language proficiency
- Sound understanding of aviation security, ground operations, cargo processes and procedures and organizational requirements, quality assurance and safety/aviation security implications
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build effective working relationships
- Social and communication competencies
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- EU citizenship, or Residence and Work Permit for Austria.
- Career opportunities in a dynamic, international environment
- New, modern office at Vienna Airport with very good public transport connectivity
- Meal opportunities and benefits (e.g. employee discounts in stores at Vienna Airport, commute compensation, German lessons, weekly fresh fruit basket, corporate benefits )
- Salary in accordance with your previous work experience and qualifications; potential allowances are compensated on top.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!