Airworthiness Review & Compliance Engineer
Would you like to become part of the world’s most international company in the world?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our DHL Air Austria team and become a
Airworthiness Review & Compliance Engineer!
DHL Air (Austria) GmbH is a new cargo airline founded in 2021, and is a subsidiary of Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group. The prime focus of the airline is to operate for the EU network with a fleet of Boeing 757 aircraft. The headquarters of the airline is located in Vienna, main crew base is currently in Leipzig, delivering our customer promise of Excellence. Simply Delivered. During the course of a new project of adding four Boeing 767s to the existing fleet, we’re looking forward to expanding our staff in Vienna.
- Represents the company in technical compliance related matters.
- Implements procedures relating to airworthiness reviews/ compliance monitoring and checks regularly if they are compliant to regulations and to DHA standards.
- Supervises and controls compliance activities in his area of expertise.
Defines processes and procedures required for mitigation monitoring.
- Assists in the planning of Airworthiness Review Certificate schedules and controls the status of ARCs.
- Performs airworthiness reviews and issues airworthiness review certificates or recommendations in accordance with applicable regulations, national authority requirements and company procedures.
- Ensures the timely completion of airworthiness reviews.
- Extends Airworthiness Review Certificates.
- Assists with the import and export of aircraft.
- Performs internal and external audits in the areas of Continuing Airworthiness and Management System.
- Liaises with the CAMO’s and subcontracted CAMO’s technical departments to resolve all Airworthiness Review findings and ensures that all findings are closed prior to making a recommendation or issuing an Airworthiness Review Certificate or issuing an extension to a current Airworthiness Review Certificate.
- Manages the Airworthiness Review / Compliance Monitoring software.
- Familiarizes regularly with aviation legislation.
- Prepares and analyses reports and statistics.
- Liaise with external bodies and stakeholders such as Civil Aviation Authorities, external MRO’s or other DHL Aviation entities.
- Assists with audits conducted by external bodies (e.g. authorities).
- Experience in the performance of Airworthiness Reviews, including aircraft records review and physical surveys preferably on B757/B767 aircraft.
- Auditor training and specific knowledge of audits (EASA/IOSA).
- Experience in CAMO activities including AMP, AD’s, SB’s, LLP’s, Part-21 modifications and repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate solid analytical skills in interpretation of technical documentation.
- Ability to work to deadlines as part of a team and individually on own initiative.
- Attitude towards disciplined record keeping.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent language skills, fluent in English, German optional.
- Comprehensive understanding of the European and Austrian legislative and regulatory framework and other statutory requirements (Austrocontrol LTA’s/LTH’s, EASA Part-M, Part-CAMO, Part-145, Part-21), including safety management systems.
- Understanding of aircraft operations, maintenance and organizational requirements for aircraft safety, security, quality and compliance, airworthiness and general airline operations.
- Familiarity with management systems, preferably in the area of aviation.
- Social and communication competencies.
- Proficient in IT applications (MS Office mandatory and preferably also in IQSMS and TRAX).
- Analytical thinking, strong-minded/ assertive.
- Respectful conduct and excellent rhetorical skills.
- Willing to travel.
- Career opportunities in a dynamic, international environment
- MOC specific training, plus additional training related with DHL software and aviation applications.
- New, modern office at Vienna Airport with very good public transport connectivity
- Meal opportunities and benefits (e.g. employee discounts in stores at Vienna Airport, commute compensation, German lessons, weekly fresh fruit basket, corporate benefits )
- Salary in accordance with your previous work experience and qualifications; potential allowances are compensated on top.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!